Car Lease: Great tips on leasing to save you money
A car lease can be a great
way to finance a car, and here are some powerful tips to make your
experience more enjoyable and save you money.
1) Don’t be pressured into signing a car lease or purchase agreement on
your first visit. Shop around and run the numbers. You will be amazed at
the money you’ll save.
2) Try to find out the invoice price, rebate programs and other dealer
incentives of the car you wish to lease well before you sit down to do the
3) If you expect to put a lot of miles on your car, find out how much it
costs to ‘buy’ extra miles up front, instead of getting dinged at the end
of the lease.
4) Know how much your lease-end charges like disposition and purchase
option fees are going to cost.
5) Know what your early termination options are and how much it will cost
6) Try not to lease a vehicle for a term longer than the manufacturers
warranty. If you go past this term you may end up paying for repairs for a
car you don’t own.
7) Know what the minimum insurance requirements are and shop around for
8) A car lease is better for a vehicle that will hold it’s value over the
term of the agreement. The higher the residual value, the lower the
9) And finally, take good care of your car. When you return it to the
lessor, you don’t want to pay for repairs caused by your driving or
carelessness. If you do need repairs for scratches and dents, fix them
yourself before paying the lessor’s rates.